Requirements - Wrap Up
WOW! That was FUN! But it isn't
over yet! To make this a memory that the kids will really remember and take into the
future, you should include in your planning some form of "wrap up" of the
session. Don't just send them all home with their rockets and move on to something
else. It is a wonderful conclusion if you can provide the students with everything
that they will need to continue this activity long after the class has concluded. It
is a bit of extra effort, but it is very worthwhile and will be much appreciated by your
Such follow up can be very simple to very involved. It
is really up to you and your students. Below are some examples of the types of
things that you can do to enhance the experience for everyone involved. Feel free to
add other ideas to this list as this is just some ideas to get your creative juices
Here are some fun ideas to put a real cap-stone on
your model rocketry activity!
- If your session involved a guest speaker it is highly
recommended that you have each of your students write them a thank you note to be mailed.
It is very enjoyable for the speaker to receive such thank you notes and will
encourage them to come back in the future.
- Provide a list of useful information to your students to tell
them how they can continue this hobby on their own. Such a list would include
information such as:
- Name and address of local hobby shops
- Name and address of any local rocketry clubs
- Information about the National Association of Rocketry (NAR)
- Information (catalogs if possible) of model rocket kit
manufacturers (there are many)
- Web addresses to any or all of the above, as available
- Ask the students if they would like another such program with
more advanced rockets and plan accordingly
- If there are no local clubs, ask the students if they would
like to form their own club with you as their adult leader. The NAR can provide a great
deal of help in forming a club (section).
- Plan other activities related to model rocketry such as a
session on the space program, a test on what they learned in model rocketry, a field trip
to a local museum or observatory.
As with "finishing" your model rocket, use your
imagination to "wrap up" your model rocket activity!
Download the full
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate
to contact us directly. Our goal is to help you be successful and to have fun with
your group! You can send inquires to:
6 Jennifer Drive
Merrimack, NH 03054
or send us an email at: