Hints and Tips - Rhino
||The Rhino is the
largest of our Skill Level 1 kits as well as our most expensive. Standing over 2
feet tall, it is a very exciting rocket to be able to bring to your class. Easy to
assemble and fun to fly.
can find a detailed description of the Rhino kit here.
This list provides you with some information that can help in
the assembly and launch of the Rhino:
- The Rhino features precision laser cut fins
but also provides you with two different fin patterns that you can trace onto the laser
cut fins and cut out different shaped fins, giving your Rhino a custom look.
- When cutting fins it is important to make sure that the grain
of the wood is parallel to the Leading Edge of the fin.
This is identified in the instructions and on the fin pattern, but warrants
pointing out again.
- When cutting, use a straight edge to assure a clean straight
line. Use MANY passes of the knife. Do NOT
try to cut all the way through in one pass. When cutting WITH the grain, the wood
will cut quickly and cleanly. When cutting the other fin edges, it will take more
passes of the knife and result in a slightly more ragged cut. This can be corrected
with sand paper.
- To further customize your Rhino, you can choose to use 3 or 4
- Additionally, with regard to customization, it is allowable
for you to use a different shaped fin for each fin. A very versatile rocket!
- The Rhino makes use of TWO
launch lugs. It is important that these two lugs line up with each other. If
there is concern, we have two tricks that can be used to help assure they are properly
- As with sighting the fins to make sure they are straight, you
should be able to look through ONE launch lug and see straight through
the second on. If you can not, then adjust one or both until you can.
- Using a long thin paint brush or a short length of 1/8"
wood dowel, pass this through BOTH launch lugs and leave in place until
the glue on the lugs is dry.
If you have any additional questions, please
do not hesitate to contact us directly. Our goal is to help you be successful and to
have fun with your group! You can send inquires to:
6 Jennifer Drive
Merrimack, NH 03054
or send us an email at: